Regular exams and cleanings are the best way to maintain a healthy smile and address possible problems before they progress. Here are some services we offer that help you establish good oral health habits for the future.
- Dental sealants
- Annual or semi-annual cleanings
- Annual exams
- Night guards and information about nocturnal bruxing
- Educational pamphlets, videos, Internet resources and knowledgeable staff so you know how to care for your mouth
We offer many alternatives to restore teeth damaged from caries, fractures, abrasions, etc. Proper restorative care can help you maintain a dentition that is equally functional and esthetic. We also use intraoral cameras in order to visibly demonstrate problems and proposed solutions. Digital photos are also used to achieve ideal shade matches with our labs. Our restorative services include:
- Composite (tooth-colored) fillings
- Root canals
- Bridges to replace missing teeth
- Implant restoration (We also place implants for some cases)
Whitefish Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Dalen believes that cosmetic dentistry involves not only elective procedures such as veneers or tooth whitening, but also restoring teeth with optimum esthetics in mind. If you do not like the way your teeth look due to misalignment, staining, chips or cracks or any other reason, cosmetic dentistry may be an option for you. We believe in treating teeth the most conservative way possible and will give you all the possible options to improve your teeth. Some cosmetic dentistry procedures performed in our office are:
- All porcelain crowns and veneers.
- Tooth whitening (at home trays or in office power bleaching)
- Single tooth whitening for darkened teeth that are root canal treated.
- Minor tooth movement to achieve better arch form.
- Gum recontouring.
Oral Surgery and Implant Services
Occasionally, teeth need to be removed that are unsavable or that do not have enough room to erupt normally. We are set up to perform many extractions in-office but also have a network of oral surgeons available for referral.
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth or add stability to dentures. We now have the capability to place some implants in-office.
Oral Surgery and Implant Services
Periodontal disease can cause loosening, pain, infection and the eventual loss of teeth. Diagnosis and periodic therapy can stop the progression of bone loss and help maintain teeth. We offer many periodontal services but also have active working relationships with area periodontists to give you the most comprehensive care. Our services include:
- Diagnosis and patient education
- Deep cleanings
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Gingival grafts to replace lost gum tissue
- Presciption and/or placement of antimicrobials to be used in conjuction with cleanings
Removable and fixed prostheses allow for the replacement of missing teeth. Options include:
- Complete dentures
- Partial dentures
- Implants for single or mulitple teeth, or in conjuction with a removable denture.
The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Using advanced 3-D computer-imaging technology, Invisalign depicts your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. Then a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series, until the final position of your teeth is achieved.
Our practice offers state-of-the-art digital imaging, providing the patient with less exposure to radiation as well as instant images.
Latest Technology for Impressions
We are now able to use a 3M digital scanner rather than impression material for crowns and bridges. This is especially beneficial for those patients who have an active gag reflex. No more goo! And because it is digital, it expedites the process.